Your Partner in Philanthropy
Your clients rely on your guidance to make important financial decisions. When it comes to charitable giving, we can partner with you to simplify their giving and amplify their impact. Consider us part of your team, making things simple and making our community better.
When you work with the Spano Foundation you will have access to a host of charitable giving options for your clients, as well as a committed staff with extensive knowledge of the community and the latest trends in philanthropy. You can feel confident that your client’s charitable and financial goals will be our top priority. Take a look at the many benefits of working with the Foundation:
- Personalized service: We work with you to develop a giving approach that matches you and your clients’ interests and addresses their tax-planning needs. We help integrate charitable giving and engage family members.
- Community knowledge: We monitor our community’s needs, and convene people and organizations to address issues and explore opportunities.
- Investment expertise: The Spano Foundation will be involved in a unique investment partnership with Stifel Financial Corporation, an investment manager for the foundation’s endowment. This partnership gives us access to a mature, well-diversified investment portfolio managed by a seasoned staff with an excellent performance record.
- Experience with non-cash gifts: In addition to gifts of cash and marketable securities, we accept gifts of real estate, closely held businesses, and other non-cash assets. We offer trusteeship for charitable trusts where the Spano Foundation is a beneficiary and we handle trust and private foundation terminations.
- Accountability: We are responsible stewards of your gift. We preserve and execute donor intent in perpetuity. We will conduct a full review of all nonprofits prior to grant distributions. We maintain communication with these agencies to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled.
- Flexibility: While we focus on the needs of the Valley and Northeast Ohio, we can make grants to charities outside the region, wherever your passions lie.
- Convenience: Coming soon, with the Spano Foundation, you will be able to 24/7 access to your fund information. You can submit online grant recommendations, view your fund balance and review transaction history. You can make additional contributions to your grant via credit card. (coming soon)
- Anonymity: We can establish a fund, accept a gift or make a grant in a way that will protect your privacy.
In a nutshell, we make your job easier. To learn more about the Spano Foundation, call phone number or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Charitable Funds
We consider ourselves an extension of your team, providing your client with the same customized, superior service they have come to expect. Once we identify the appropriate giving solution to support their charitable passions, set up is quick and convenient. From beginning to end, the process is simple and easy.
Here’s what we offer for those looking to partner with us.
- Unrestricted funds enable the Foundation to use donor dollars to address identified needs in the community.
- Field-of-interest funds channel donors’ giving to an issue or area they find important, such as education, the arts or healthcare.
- Designated funds and Agency Endowments allow for support to specific charitable organizations.
- Scholarship funds can be based on field of study, community involvement, merit or financial need. Our staff will work with your client to establish guidelines as to who can receive assistance from the fund.
- Donor-advised funds enable your clients to identify charitable organizations addressing issues they find important. Your clients then recommend grants to those charities they wish to support at their convenience.
What is the Spano Foundation?
Founded in 2014 by Anthony Spano to identify the most pressing issues in our communities, The Spano Foundation is a public charity that helps your clients achieve their philanthropic goals through named charitable funds. From these funds, grants are made primarily to benefit a defined geographical area or charitable cause. Each foundation is overseen by a volunteer board and run by professionals with expertise in community need. We are committed to informing their donors and the community about the challenges facing their area as well as identifying promising solutions.