The Anthony V. Spano Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and fiscal sponsor who seeks to positively affect the lives of individuals and families in need. We do so by providing a healthier, sustainable quality of life and helping individuals and groups with their philanthropic passions. We help turn these passions into an impactful mission.
We envision a thriving region where all individuals and families have the opportunity to succeed. The Spano Foundation will work with diverse leaders across all sectors to understand the critical issues and unique opportunities shaping our quality of life. We align our initiatives to regional priorities and unite donors, nonprofits and community change-makers to leverage greater impact. And, we encourage everyone to get involved.
We believe …
- Every person deserves to live a healthy, sustainable life.
- That our passion for helping people in need will benefit the entire community.
- That fulfilling our mission must be done with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and transparency possible.
- That by empowering people in need they will achieve a better life.
Why Support the Foundation
We have an overwhelming desire to help people in our community who have few, if any, options to find assistance in attaining life’s basic needs. The Spano Foundation exists to ensure that individuals and families with these needs receive the financial help necessary to provide food, clothing, shelter or medical attention.
Some organizations that seek to improve the community are in need of assistance themselves, sometimes due to lack of donations, grants, volunteers, or other things. In addition to helping people in need, The Spano Foundation provides funding and support for these organizations so they can continue assisting those in direct need.
Philanthropy means “the desire to promote the welfare of others.” We believe anyone with a heart for helping is already a philanthropist. Whether you give your time, your talent, or a generous donation, we believe the power of philanthropy transforms us all.
Spano Foundation Objectives
- Addressing a timely community need or opportunity not being addressed by other agencies.
- Expanding a proven program or project.
- Increasing cooperation and coordination among program providers.
- Strengthening the internal capacity of an organization to be more self-sufficient or efficient.
- Providing resources that will provide an immediate and substantial impact.
- Fiscal sponsor of funds and programs.